Back in my days telling someone they had bad breath would be a risky affair as we did not want to offend the person. Due to the lack of products for oral hygiene bad breath was very common among people especially those who smoked. People do not realise that oral
Reason for bad breath:
- Though there are a lot of causes for bad breath the most common one is poor oral hygiene
- Some food like Red meat, eggs, dairy products etc contains high sulphur.
- The breakdown of cysteine from these food sticks to the front of the tongue or the gums.
- This breakdown if not cleaned properly causes bad breath.
Boil some cinnamon in a cup of water and store it in a bottle and use it as a mouthwash regularly.
1. Add Water.
Cinnamon sticks come in different sizes. They generally are around four inches, so break them into small pieces and put them in the cold water.
2. Boil them.
After putting the pieces boil them for some time. Continue to boil them till the water starts to turn brown
3. Let it cool down.
After the water starts turning brown reduce the heat and let it cool down. Once it is in room temperature store it in a bottle and keep it in the bathroom for everyday use. Do not throw away the cinnamon as it can be reused again later.
- Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Floss your teeth after your meal.
- Gargle your mouth thoroughly after a meal.
- Rub your teeth with your fingers while gargling.
- Reduce the consumption of tobacco.
- Use a mouthwash after your meal.
- Avoid using a mouth spray.
- Chew mint leaves once a day.
- Use a neem twig twice a week for brushing.
- Switch to charcoal powder for brushing.
- Visit your dentist once a month.