Hair fall among men and women are caused due to hair thinning. Nearly 25% of males suffer from hair thinning before the age of 21. There are various reason for hair fall, this article will tell you the major reasons that cause hair loss, and how to avoid them.
Causes for hair loss
Using excessive hair products
Like your skin, your scalp needs to breathe and applying a lot of chemicals on your scalp blocks the breathing. This is one common reason for hair loss. Cheap styling products have harmful chemicals which lead to thinning of hair, it is always advisable to buy products which do not contain alcohol or artificial fragrance.
Lack of having proteins in your diet is the key reason for hair fall.
Nowadays due to our fast lifestyle and unhealthy food habits, we are easily under stress. It could be due to work, family, health etc. During stress, our body releases hormones, where our heart beats faster, we breathe faster and sweat a lot. This is also called an adrenaline rush. This is our body’s way of fighting stress. But if done on a regular basis leads to health problems and hair fall. It is important to distress ourselves by doing certain physical activities and divert our thoughts.
Our body has a hormone called testosterone. Testosterone is further converted into dihydrotestosterone, also known as DHT. DHT is responsible for developing biological male characteristics like deep voice, facial hair, maturation of the penis etc, during puberty. After puberty, 10% of the testosterone is converted into DHT every day. By using anabolic steroids the DHT level in our body increases and this reduces the life span of our hair follicles. You can see a lot of bodybuilders suffering from baldness, due to the use of steroids.
1.Guava Leaves to stop hair fall.
- Put a handful of guava leaves in one litre of water.
- Boil it for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down
- Apply on the scalp and the root
- Leave it overnight.
- Do it every day for 1
2.Homemade tincture to strengthen your hair.
- Use 20 gms of rosemary flower and leaves.
- 20 gms of cotton lavender.
- 1 litre of vodka.
- Mix them together in a bowl
- Stir well and leave them in a bowl for one week.
- After one week strain the solution and use the liquid to apply on the scalp
- Apply it three times a week on your scalp for 1 month
3.Birth control pill for thicker hair.
- Grind five birth control pills
- Add the powder to your regular shampoo
- Massage your scalp for 5 minutes
- Apply it 2 times a week.
- Massage your hair with grapeseed oil regularly for thicker hair
- Use a cap while going out in the sun
- Shower with cold water as it opens up the pores of the scalp
- Do not comb while your hair is wet
- Use your fingers more often to comb your hair
- Avoid using a straightener or showering in hot water as heat is bad for the scalp
- Stop using hair products with artificial fragrance or alcohol content in it
- Do not use shampoos which contain sulphate
- While using hair products, do not apply it on the roots of your scalp
- Wash of the hair products with water before sleeping
- Do not tie your hair tight for long period
- Do not wear a cap for too long
- Remember to let your scalp breath
- Eat food which contain vitamins, zinc and iron
- Get 7-8 hour sleep daily